Convening and Coronavirus: Navigating Risk and Sharing Strategies for Mitigation
We are all aware of recent spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) around the world. It can feel very isolating and scary to imagine how this virus may affect the impact work to create in our communities.
At Conveners.org we thought it imperative to host a community call with guest experts including Heather Mason Founder of Caspian Agency and Esther Johnston Director of Medicine of Seed Global Health to give our community of conveners and accelerators a place to gather and discuss how we respond to the spread of COVID-19.
We invite you to join our call next month on March 12th at 8:00 am PT. If you are thinking about how COVID-19 may impact your program and ability to convene, please RSVP.
We will discuss:
1. What are the risk factors to consider when weighing the question of is you should still host your convening?
2. If you are hosting a convening, what are some of the mitigation measures you should put in place to reduce the likelihood of transmission?
Here are some relevant resources for you to consider before the call:
- WHO Issues COVID-19 Coronavirus Event Planning Guide
- Japan Limits Large Gatherings to Thwart Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information for Travel